Candy’s vast experience with children in the entertainment industry is shared with honesty and humor to help parents create a positive performing experience for their child. From how to enter the business, to what is expected on the job, to how to stick with it and stay positive, Candy gives her listeners an experience they won’t forget. Just as she does in her book Stardom Happens, Candy gives vital information for becoming a successful performer and punctuates each bit of knowledge with an entertaining personal story. Let her help you help your child.
Choose from Keynotes, Half or Full Day Events or Individual Coaching
Getting Started in the Entertainment Business
This topic covers everything a family needs to know to get a child into the Entertainment Business. You will learn:
- How does your child gain local experience?
- How do you find an agent?
- What is the trick to creating great photographs?
- Does your child need a manager?
- How do you get a work permit?
- What should be on your child’s resume?
- How you can help your child survive the ordeal of auditions?
Working on the job
Has your child been offered a job? This topic will give you all the information you need to make that working experience positive. Candy covers:
- Who should negotiate your contract and how is it done?
- What is a “Coogan Trust Account” and how do you get one?
- What is expected of your child on the set?
- Should your child join a union?
- How do you find the child labor laws for your state and who enforces them?
- What kind of school experience will your child have?
Staying Positive and Avoiding Problems in the Entertainment Business
In this discussion Candy describes some of the problems that may occur if your child is a working performer. She gives you ways to avoid these problems and keep your child happy and safe. Topics include:
- How do you relate with producers, other actors and parents?
- How do you deal with fan mail and fans?
- What health and safety issues should you watch for on the set?
- Should you do public appearances and charity events? How is it done?
- How do you keep your child grounded and safe in an adult world?
- What is the best way to deal with financial matters?
- How do you keep the whole family together?
Specific topic for Adults Working in the Entertainment Business:
Creating a Safe and Happy Experience for Performing Children.
Are you a producer, director or crew member who will be working with children? This topic will help you tune in to the special needs of children and help you make the experience a good one for everyone. Some of the ideas covered are:
- How do you create a child friendly set?
- What can you provide to keep a child stimulated but calm?
- What should be in a child’s dressing room?
- Do you have someone who can mentor a child?
- How can you help the crew relate positively to a child?
- What is the best way to critique a child’s performance?
- What are the specific safety issues relevant to a child?
- How do you work with a child on location?